5 Common Remedies For Cleaning Clogged Drains
Drains are important components of a home that are installed to guide the flow of dirty water towards the sewerage system. They are not only responsible for managing the water flow, but also improves the hygiene of a family. Most of us may have gone through the discomfort caused by clogged drain pipes one or other time in life.
Some of the common causes that lead to the issue of blocked pipes are chemical concentration, grease accumulation, tree root buildup and food residues. These clogs may require service of drain cleaning experts, depending on the severity of situation. Before trying to call in professionals, its advised to try some proven home remedies that are known to unclog drain pipes.
Few effective homemade remedies used for drain cleaning are:
- Hot water cleaning: The simplest approach to unclog minor clogs is using hot water. Flush the drain pipes with extreme hot water at a high pressure to allow them to return at their peak performance. The pressure build up will force the residue to move and the heat of water will dislodge the clogged materials. Try this technique at least for 15 minutes for effective results.
- Liquid Cleaners: Homemade liquid cleaners made with a combination of baking soda and vinegar work well compared to solid detergents. These cleaning mixture is responsible for breaking down the accumulated residue within the kitchen pipes to get rid of unwanted clogs. For proven results, pour a cup of liquid cleaner into the sink with minimum three minutes of time span.
- Sugared Sodas: Most people aren’t aware about the benefits of sugary sodas and soft drinks. These drinks are quite effective in resolving the problem of frequent drain clogs. Due to the presence of phosphoric acid, sodas are considered safe and powerful for cleaning compared to other commercial cleaners.
- Dish Detergent: If you are constantly facing kitchen drain clogs, the ideal solution to your problem is dish detergent. Take a bowl and pour 1/4 cup of dish detergent in it along with hot water to form a mixture. This solution can ideally be used as a lubricant to break up the greasy residues.
- Bent Wire Hanger: One of the effective way to remove even the hardest clog is a bent wire hanger. To design your own equipment, take a wired hanger and straighten it. After that, bend one of its end to create a hook like structure. This hanger is called bent wire hanger that is put inside the drain pipe to clear out the unwanted stuff that is preventing your drain from flowing properly.
These are some of the homemade remedies that are used to clean the clogged residential drains. If you are facing an issue of overflowing drains or flooded basements, feel free to contact our drain cleaners at Clogged Drain Cleaning.
Comments are closed