No one can imagine how water leaks can cause a big disaster in your homes. Even, a minor leak can ruin the furniture and carpet which is completely disappointing. If we talk about the major ones, such leaks are highly responsible for structural damages which further lead to high investments. It’s important to check the early signs of water damages and call a plumber to handle it.
Here are a few disasters water leakage can pose to your homes:
- Major Structural Damages If water leaks are not analyzed on time, then these might result in major structural damages. This major cause can also be responsible for making the house to be damaged badly. If you don’t want such leaks to harm the home foundation, then you must hire a technician to resolve the problem early.
- Increase Slip-And-Falls The problem of leaks going in your home or office not only disrupt your daily routines but also increase the chance of slip and fall. One is a high risk of receiving unwanted injuries or might have to pay high expenses.
- Financial Loss Another major loss of having water leaks in a home is to face financial problems. If such leaks are not inspected on time, then these might be expensive and may be continued for long. In order to minimize the budget, one must prefer to replace the damaged appliances with the new one.
- Drop Your Property Value One must take care of all the water leaks existing in a home to prevent structural damages from occurring. By doing so, one should never drop down the value of his home and can enjoy hassle-free life.
- Health Issues A leak acts as a breeding ground of mold which further affects the family health, especially small kids. Make sure there should not be moist in a home as it gives rise to health problems like asthma and lung disorders.
So, we can say that water leaks are highly responsible for ruining the human health to structural damages. Whenever you conduct signs of water leaks in a home, must move forward to hire a professional plumber at Drain Experts (Plumbing & Drain Repair) to handle them.
To avoid any plumbing disasters, it’s crucial to keep drains clean and at high functionality with a professional help. There are few of us who make use of cleaning agents to remove clogs but this only work for some cases and prove to be worsen the situation in some cases. To avoid indulging in big expenses, it’s better to hire a professional drain cleaning services to handle your blocked drains.
Below are the few main reasons that make you hire a professional drain cleaning services at your end:
- Effective & Long-Lasting Solution: A drain cleaning professional make use of Eco-friendly methods to unclog the blocked drains. If you use some kind of harmful chemicals, then it can bring another big problem in front of you. Only a qualified drain clean services can work with good equipment and also protects your home environment.
- Skills To Handle Every Complexity: If you want an effective deal for your plumbing problems, then hiring a knowledgeable drain cleaning service is a right way solution. The drain problems can’t be handled without proper skills and can also worsen the problem. It’s convenient to call a professional plumber to deal with a drain problem.
- Superior & Safe Cleaning: Hiring professional drain cleaners offers safe and superior drain cleaning without harming the environment. With the use of effective cleaning methods like Hydro jetting, is helpful in eliminating all hard-to-remove elements like soap and grease.
- Put End To Recurring Clogs: A professional not offer you temporary solution but completely puts an end to the recurring clogs. So, it’s good to hire a professional to clean the blocked pipes.
- Add-On Services: A professional drain cleaning service also helps you in getting aware of the future drain problems through regular inspection. They believe in offering future guidance and always ready to assist you with your drainage issues.
No matter, either you want cleaning or inspection services, our professional technicians at Drain Experts (Plumbing & Drain Repair) are always ready to handle your problems.
Is your residential drain overflowing? Are you suffering from sewer back up problems? Ask your local Toronto plumber to install a backwater valve. It is a drainage tool or equipment that promotes the flow of water inside a drain. This valve is usually installed at an underground space that can be accessed easily. With time, these valves tend to exhibit repair issues or problems that can be prevented by maintaining them time and again. Knowing the way to maintain a backwater valve, one will be able to deal with most of the drainage issues.
What Does A Backwater Valve Do?
If you want a permanent solution for your flooded basement then, installing a backwater valve is the best solution. It is highly beneficial in reducing the foul smell that can ruin the fragrance and ambiance of your home. These valves have a clear lid and allows the circulation of air through the system. It doesn’t restrict the flow of water due to its open design.
How To Install A Valve?
The following points can help in installing a backwater water:
- Most of the brands have a unique combination of flap and gate valves into a single unit. Toronto drain cleaners can help in deciding the best style and design that can work well with the flow of water.
- After choosing a valve design, consult licensed plumbers to get them installed effectively and correctly.
- A backwater valve can be installed either in the sewer lateral which is located outside the building, or in the basement.
- When opting to install a valve in the lateral, its maintenance becomes easy as it is placed in an access box from where it can be accessed anytime by opening the lid.
Backwater Valve Maintenance
These valves must be inspected on the periodic basis, especially if you notice slight water backup. With transparent plastic lids, their inspection has become much easier. By taking off the valve cap, one can clear out the accumulated debris. Backwater valve installation offers many advantages and are highly responsible for saving you from sewer issues and repairs.
These were the few essential things about backwater valves that all of us should be aware of. Still in doubt about these drainage elements, consult our drain cleaning professionals in Toronto.
When people buy a new house, they may or may not have a number of things to learn about the maintenance of their new house. Plumbing and drain cleaning service is one of those services which you need to have in your to do list after moving into a new house.
When drains are clogged, it can be very frustrating and become a nightmare for homeowners. If you left it untreated, it can lead to further damage. Therefore, it is critical to recognize the problem as soon as possible. Below are some signs that show you need to have a professional plumber clean your drain pipes for you.
- Slow drains: If you see that your kitchen or bathroom sink is slow to drain, you might have a problem with your drain pipes. Slow drain is a clear sign of clog or something even more serious. You may have soap scum, hair or food debris in the pipe or any other problem that needs to be addressed by a professional as soon as possible.
- A foul odor: A bad or unpleasant habitat wafting up from the pipe can point a clog problem. If the unpleasant odors are coming from multiple drains, you may have a broken sewer pipe or a blockage in the venting system. In such situation, you need a plumber to investigate and repair the issue.
- Drains begin to gurgle: Another big sign of clog problem is related to the drain gurgling. Generally this problem occurs when something is blocking the drain and will not move. The sound may more audible, because air is trapped inside. Dislodge the blockage is one of the best ways to eliminate the sound from your drain system.
- Is water backing up: Does the water back up in the sink? If so, it can be a clean sign of blockage problem with your drain line. It is a major problem that needs to be dealt by a professional plumber in your area. Water that backs up in the sink or bathtub can cause to a several damages in your property. So, make sure to get the drain system checked out as soon as possible.
- Excessive use of liquid drain cleaner: How many times you use a liquid drain cleaner to clean the pipes? Do you know the excessive use of liquid cleaner is not good for your drainage system? If you are one of them who use liquid cleaner to fix the clog issue, change your habit from today. It is true that this stuff solve the root of the problem, but it can be very dangerous. So, it is better to seek a professional help.
Regularly cleaning and maintaining the drainage system will not create any kind of problem for you. If you notice any of these warning signs, it is time to give a call to a professional plumber in Toronto.
There is no harm in saving money where we can but the harm arises when we ignore the quality just for the sake of saving some bucks. There are things which are important and then there are the ones which are not so important and one can take chances with them.
Your drainage system comes in the important ones and one should not compromise on its quality of work. Using chemicals to clean your clogged drains or even otherwise is not a very good idea to save money. In the long run, it really disrupts your drainage system and becomes the prime reason for its short life.
5 Harmful Effects of Chemicals on Drainage System
- Highly Toxic
These chemicals are highly toxic and can prove to be very risky for you and your family’s health. The reason behind this is that they produce fumes which result in great irritation in eyes, nose, throat and the skin. Not only humans but even your pets can get affected with it. Mo rover, they also cause harm to the septic tanks.
- Pipe Damage
Since they have hydrochloric acid present in them, they can create big holes in the pipes, making them do more harm than good. This leads to the eating of enamel present on your sinks and bathtubs, making up for the full replacement of that part. Even the smallest of clog can disrupt the plumbing system if got treated with chemicals.
- Environmental Damage
By getting mixed with the water supplies, these harmful chemicals make them toxic too. When this contaminated water will be used for humans and wildlife, it will definitely create health issues. One of the easiest way to get rid of a clogged drain is by using baking soda and water solution. Such kind of methods are pretty much eco-friendly as compared to the use of chemicals.
- Septic Damage
For the smooth functioning of the drainage system, it is essential that the septic tanks have enough of natural bacteria in order to break down the waste. When you use chemical drain cleaners, they kill these natural bacteria, disrupting the process of drainage and eventually leading to its complete failure. Still considering going with chemicals? Please have a second thought.
- Chemicals Are Not The Solution To Every Clog
If you thought chemical drain cleaners have the ability to cure each and every clog, you are highly mistaken. There are clogs which are so stubborn that these chemicals hardly have any affect on them.In such a case, putting down more and more chemicals will create a lot of other problems as discussed earlier and will lead to wastage of time and money.
Got a Clogged Drain?
If you have a clogged drain and you are unable to deal with it on your own, feel free to contact Clogged Drain Cleaning in Toronto. Our experts know how to effectively remove a clog without taking the help of any kind of chemicals. Contact us to know more about our services or to request a quote!
Homeowners generally don’t freak out over a leaky faucet. But, it is a fact that a leaky faucet takes very little time to turn into your worst nightmare. The longer the leak goes untreated, the more water it would waste. And it can drastically increase your monthly water bills. However, homeowners can save a plenty of money, if the leaks are repaired on time.
It is advisable to call a professional plumber to take care of your leaky faucet. Professionals will be able to reach the root cause of the problem and prevent it efficiently and timely. It is necessary to ensure that the repairs are done correctly. There can be various reasons behind a leaky faucet which are as follows:
Poor Installation: The primary reason behind a leaky faucet is poor installation. Never hire a professional until you are 100% confident about their service and experience. An experienced plumber can install the faucet correctly with stronger connections.
O Ring Problems: The small disc like structure attached to the faucet’s steam screw is called the O ring. Over time, the O ring can become loose or worn, which can lead the faucets to drip from the handle. The O ring must be fixed to fix the problem of leaky faucet.
Corroded Valve Seat: The valve seat is like a bridge between the faucet and the spout. It becomes corroded eventually and starts falling apart due to collection of sediment in the water. This can cause leaks that should be repaired as soon as possible.
Water Pressure Problems: High water pressure can also be the potential reason of faucet leaks due to the pressure preventing water from flowing away. Thus, the water backs up and looks for other place to leak out. If there is high water pressure, it’s time to call for professional service.
Remember, there is no substitute for experience. So, when it comes to the repair or maintenance of the faucet leaks, you should always rely on an experienced plumber. At Clogged Drain Cleaning, we have a team of qualified and skilled plumbers ready to handle all of your plumbing issues in Toronto.
Many people have a notion that you should call a drain cleaning service in Toronto only when the clog is severe. This is not the case. There are a variety of signals your drain gives to you and if you fail to identify those signals, you would have to pay thousands of dollars to get the things fixed. That’s why, it is essential to react to such issues faster. When you catch these signs at the early stage, you save yourself both money and time. Here are the three signs indicating that it’s time to get your drain cleaned.
A drain cannot clog overnight, rather it forms over time. Since, most of the homeowners don’t pay much heed to the things they are putting down the drain. The more greasy things you pour down the drain, the more difficult it gets for the water to flow through the drain. Make sure you watch out what things and food you are pouring down. This way you can prevent a full clog from developing.
The waste sticks to the walls of the pipe that can develop musty odor. This is the most common problem of kitchen sink drains which are subjected to various types of waste than bathroom sinks. If you detect bad smell coming out of your kitchen drain, then it is high time to call a professional drain cleaning service in Toronto.
Do-it-youselfers generally avoid calling drain cleaning service as they have more faith in their own solutions. They use store-bought drain cleaners. These cleaners clean the drains, but it is only for a few hours or a day or two. If you need to use the drain cleaner over and over again, then you should stop using that. Over-use of the cleaners can even worse the situation and lead to expensive cleaning. You should consider calling professional drain cleaning service in Toronto. Professionals can clear all the waste efficiently and reliably.
If you want to discuss your drain cleaning concerns, just make us a call. Our drain cleaning service in Toronto will ensure that you have a free-flowing drain for years to come. Trust us for everything related to your drain and plumbing in Toronto.
Reducing the amount of water usage will not only help you lower down your utility bills, but also a great practice for the environment. Today, here our drain repair and cleaning service technicians in Toronto will suggest a few tips helping you cut back on water usage.
1. Switch From Baths to Showers
A long bath may be relaxing for you, but it wastes a large amount of water. In an average, a single bath might use over 70 gallons of water. On the contrary, when you take a shower which lasts for just five to six minutes, you just waste 15 gallons of water. It can save you a lot of water and money down the line.
2. Upgrade Your Toilets
Older toilets are can make it difficult for you to cut back on your water usage. Some older toilets utilize up to six gallons of water. In order to avoid such wastage of water, you should consider installing modern low-flush toilets. These toilets can reduce the water consumption by 15 to 20 percent.
3. Periodic Inspection of the Plumbing System
Even if you think your plumbing system is working just fine, there could be underlying leaks and cracks. So, it is ideal to contact a professional plumber for periodic inspection of your plumbing system. During inspection, plumbers will be able to identify the potential plumbing problems that may cause catastrophic damage to your property in the future.
4. Install Aerators
Aerators are affordable units that you can attach to the front of your shower head and faucet. Aerators are basically meant to slow the rate of water. It spreads the water coming out of the tap in a larger area. This is one way to minimize the water usage.
5. Wait for Full Loads
Homeowners don’t let the dishwashers and washing machines fill to capacity that can lead to water wastage. You should not overload the unit, but at least meet the capacity level. This way you can avoid water wastage and cut down your utility bills.
These simple, yet effective tips will help manage your water usage, while curtailing the water bills. If you think that it is your plumbing fixtures that is leading to wastage of water, contact our professionals to fix the things. Clogged Drain Cleaning is here to help you with your drain and plumbing problems in Toronto.
Pipe bursting and other plumbing issues are quite common when it’s cold outside. During winter many homeowners have to deal with the freezing temperature and also with their plumbing fixtures. So what can you do to avoid such hassles and enjoy your winter vacation with your family and friends. Our emergency plumbers Toronto will guide you about some of the basic winter plumbing problems and their solutions.
Frozen pipe is one of the most common plumbing problems that you will surely experience in winter. Pipes burst during winter, especially when they are not properly insulated against the freezing temperature. These burst pipes can cause flooding in the home that can severely damage your property. Make sure you winterize the pipes and insulate them well ahead of time. This is a great way to avoid expensive plumbing repairs.
Hot water heaters
During the winter months, you want your hot water heater to work consistently and reliably. Of course, your water heater would have to work pretty hard to heat up the water. So, make sure you get your heater serviced prior to the beginning of cold weather. Feel free to call our plumbing experts for water heater inspection. We understand that you surely don’t want the hot water to go out in the middle of your shower.
If you have a septic tank, make sure you call in a professional for its cleaning and servicing before winter. This is a vital step to prevent clogs and other drainage problems. Cleaning it out before the winter months will keep the human waste and other materials from freezing in the septic tank, which can cause a lot of plumbing repair problems.
There are many other basic chores that you can perform to avoid major plumbing repairs. Make sure all the water sources are turned off. If you have a garden hose, it is good to fully drain it so that it doesn’t freeze and you don’t have to buy a new one next spring.
A little bit of preparation can help you prevent some plumbing repairs this winter. If you are looking for professional drain repair or cleaning Toronto service, contact our professionals at Clogged Drain Cleaning. Contact us today to get a Free Estimate.
A bit of practice and you think that you can resolve all your plumbing related issues on your own. But, is it really ‘that’ easy to attain the skills and techniques of a plumber. However, if you carefully take care of the small plumbing issues, you can surely save big money on repair bills. Remember, just having a few plumbing tools doesn’t make you an expert plumber. Our emergency plumbing Toronto services often receive calls from the homeowners trying to fix the plumbing issue, only to make the entire situation even worse. Make sure you avoid the most common plumbing blunders that can ruin your plumbing system.
- Leaving the water ON during repairs – When undertaking any plumbing repair job, there is a fundamental rule to follow, it’s to shut off the water supply before you start. Failure to stop water supply can create a lot of mess and structural damage.
- Flushing trash down the drain or toilet – Homeowners are often found using their drain and toilet as a garbage can. But, you need to know that flushing any kind of trash can clog your pipes and cause a nasty and hazardous mess. Clogged pipes will not only cost you money, but also peace of mind.
- Putting grease into the sink drain – Cleaning up bacon grease is always daunting and it is quite easy for homeowners to let the grease go down the sink drain. Grease can severely clog your drain, forcing you to call a plumber. Make sure you pay due heed on the things you are letting go down the drain to avoid any future hassles.
- Pipes exposed to cold – When temperature drops below freezing, you need to start working for the protection of your pipes. Any plumbing that is exposed to the cold is likely to freeze and even burst. Make sure you insulate your pipes and make proper arrangements to deal with a frigid flood.
- Refusing to seek assistance – Sometimes, it gets necessary to surrender and call in a professional plumber for assistance. Plumbing work is tricky and complex and if not addressed properly can even wreak havoc on your property. That’s why, it is important to understand your limit, up to what level you can handle your home plumbing and drains.
Professionals are Professionals – No matter how much technically sound you are, there is no substitute for experience. Professionals are professionals, they know how to get the job done right the first time. They have the tools and knowledge to handle simple to complex tasks efficiently.
If you are looking for a professional drain cleaning or plumbing service in Toronto, contact Clogged Drain Cleaning. We have the technicians, equipments and skills you require to resolve your plumbing and drain issues.