‘The water is not going down the drain’, when you hear this one thing from your kids or other family member it can make you frustrated. At that moment you are totally repulsed.
Shower clog or drain clog is the most common problem which is faced by almost every homeowner. When it happens to you, most of the time you use a basic plunger to get rid of this problem. Clogged drains can be a nuisance and it severely slows down your daily routine. It does not matter how clean you a bathroom or a kitchen, its plumbing system will get punished if you will not pay attention to it. Clogged drains are the most common problems and just part of the joy of indoor plumbing. Fortunately, you can troubleshoot the problem on your own and prevent them happening again.
Here are some reasons of clogged drain issues.
- Hair: Hair is the most common cause of a blocked drain. It often gets trapped in the sludge and found in down the p-trap and starts to accumulate. It is very difficult to stop hair going down the drains in the bathroom and sink. Plumbers use a specialized drain snake to remove all the hair from the drain pipe. To get rid of this problem, you can use a drain cover.
- Soap scum: Like hairs, soap is another main cause and very hard to prevent from entering a sink or shower drain. It leaves a residue and build up along the drain pipe. Soap scum makes an acidic chemical that will damage the drain pipes. If you are experiencing with this problem, it is good to call a professional plumber to solve the issue.
- Small objects: Bathroom sinks, kitchen sinks or shower drain pipes often hold several small objects that can easily create a clog problem. A professional plumber can help you to find the object that is causing your drain to clog and eliminate it that you can have a well-functioning drain.
- Never use a chemical drain cleaner: Most of the homeowners try to solve the clog problem on their own by attacking it with a chemical cleaner. Unfortunately, it is a very bad decision made by homeowners. These chemicals are very harmful for your drain pipes, because these are highly acidic.
- Take help of a professional: To remove a clog problem and prevent its happening in the future, you should call a professional plumber Toronto. When you are in need of professional plumbing services, always call a Drain Experts Toronto.
There you have all the important five causes of blocked drain in the house. Blocked drain problems are not friendly to the health of the people. If you notice this problem, it is better to make professional plumber your best option.