Keeping the plumbing system in top shape is very important. You have may heard about various tips and tricks to keep it in working condition. But do you think that how many tips of them are actually working.
Everyone has one time in their life when they face a problem with the plumbing system. In such situation, various people try to give you various suggestions and these suggestions are almost myths. They do not perform the right job. As a homeowner, you need to learn about maintaining your plumbing system. Here are some myths about the plumbing system that you should need to avoid.
- Lemons clean the garbage disposal: This is probably the most common plumbing myth and most of the people believe in it. They think that pieces of citrus fruit in the garbage disposal makes it smell fresh. It is true that it creates a lemony smell, but just for a few minutes. Instead of lemons, you can fill the sink with cold soapy water to clean it and also use a brush.
- Running water helps the waste travel smoothly: It is a very funny myth and homeowners believe in it blindly. In reality, running water remove only a few things. There are various things which hard to remove with water, including eggshells, and banana peels. These items can damage disposal which may need expensive replacement or repair service.
- A leaky faucet is not a big deal: A leaky faucet is very harmful for your foundation. It makes your foundation weak and also hike up your water bill. As per statistics, people waste one trillion gallons of water just because of a leaky faucet.
- All plumbers are the same: It is true that the plumbing profession cover the same services, but it does not mean all the plumbers are same. However, it is crucial to choose the company with good reviews in order to get the service that you want. Don’t hire anyone without checking essential credentials.
- Fixing drainage system is a DIY job: Many homeowners think they are professional plumber and able to fix the malfunctioning drainage system. But they don’t know it is risky for them and their family. Repairing damaged drains on your own can make things worse.
These are the some common myths that you need to avoid. It is crucial to invest in a plumbing service that offer you service that you require. If you are thinking about to hire a plumbing professional to repair your malfunctioning drainage system, feel free to call us.